Saturday, January 02, 2021

Graham in black Superwash

I've knit this pattern a couple of times before (here and here). My daughter said she gets a lot of compliments on the gray one and would like more, in neutral colors. I dug through my stash, looking for yarn to use up, preferably a washable yarn because I know her. Here is the first of several.


Pattern: Graham, by Jennifer Adams
Yarn: Cascade 220 Superwash, in black (72g)
Needles: US5 and US7 circs and DPNs
Modifications: used 1x1 ribbed long tail cast on

The reason my daughter needs extra hats

I knit the medium size, which fits a small to medium adult head. The (free!) instructions are excellent, very detailed. This unisex hat is knit on the wrong side, so that the waffle effect can be achieved with knit rounds between the rib rounds instead of purl rounds. Quick, easy, and fun to knit!

2 comments:

Qutecowgirl said...

I love this pattern. It is also great with multi colored yarn too. Breaks up any pooling. Hands-on too

Happy new year. Stay safe

Mereknits said...

It is a wonderful hat, well done. I love a project that really gets used. Stay safe.