Sunday, March 07, 2021

Eek!

I have several fleeces in the garage, stored in feed bags. While out there the other evening, I saw the top of one of the bags MOVE. A mouse or vole popped up. Finn, my indoor/outdoor cat, had been wanting out in the garage lately, and now I know why. I let him out there and left the light on for him; hopefully he did his job. The next day, I dumped all three fleeces out, but found no evidence of nests or droppings, so the little bugger must have been just helping himself to some bedding. Ugh.

Knitting: I have knit a total of 18" on the Reader's Wrap; 42" to go.
Spinning: I am halfway through plying the black merino top.
Weaving: I wove a couple more inches on the towels. My 24" rigid heddle is a bit much for my shoulders. I'm experimenting with some mock waffle weave on my Samplet loom.


The waffle weave experiment came about because the waffle weave study group made a presentation at last week's weaving guild meeting. I have not been attending the (Zoom) meetings lately as the programs have all been about harness loom weaving. Most of the waffle weave program was for harness looms, but they included a bit on how to do it on a rigid heddle loom. I've been working from a book and struggling a bit, but at least it has sparked my interest in weaving again. Next month's program will be presented by the inkle weaving study group. Inkle weaving is another technique I enjoy but have neglected.

I am scheduled for my first Covid vaccination this week. My SO has had both doses, had a mild reaction after the first, no reaction after the second, and reports that he feels better, less anxious, than he has for a while. Of course, masks are still necessary, but the vaccine provides an extra layer of protection. I'm psyched!

No comments: