Saturday, April 17, 2021

Busy week

I was hoping to have some FOs to report this week, but for some reason I had a bunch of other stuff to attend to instead. While waiting on my granddaughter at one of her activities, I intended to weave in some ends on the blue sampler, but the needle container I grabbed on the way out was empty. Grrr!

Knitting: I just measured the Reader's Wrap and came up with 55", less than I reported last week. Maybe I can't count?
Spinning: More red Tunis.
Weaving: I did finish weaving the towels and pulled them off the loom. The expectation is they will shrink in both length and width.



I stopped by the Little Shop of Spinning in Roanoke (INDIANA) today, to pick up a few magazines (Wheel and two issues of Little Looms). The owner Phia and I enjoyed a nice chat which included a description of how she cleans fleece. I won't go into detail until later, but I now see a way forward dealing with the fleece in the garage.

Our governor lifted the mask mandate (too early, in my opinion). Most businesses are still "requiring" them and most customers are cooperating, but today I noted that more people than usual are going maskless. Makes me doubly happy that I am vaccinated.

1 comment:

Mereknits said...

Your towels are so gorgeous. Glad you were able to stop by the shop and visit safely. Way too many people here without masks on, not me though I am still supper careful.