Sunday, April 11, 2021

Last zoom?

Last week the weavers guild had a blended meeting: in-person (masked) AND Zoom. That was the same day I received my second vaccination for Covid-19. I anticipate attending next month's meeting in person. A milestone. The spinning guild will probably continue to meet online, for now.

Knitting: Up to 56" on the Reader's Wrap. In the homestretch!
Spinning: Plugging away on the red Tunis, with much sighing over the VM.
Weaving: I just up and decided I was done with the wall hanging on the frame loom and pulled it off. There is still some finishing work to do. (More sighing.) Added a few more rows to the macrame ends on the blue sampler. And I'm nearing the end of the towels on the rigid heddle loom, although it looks like it will be one towel and a placemat.


The inkle weaving study group provided the program for the weavers guild meeting. We are also having a workshop in September on weaving Krokbragd on an inkle loom. So now I am interested in shifting focus to the inkle loom. One reason I abandoned it a while back was because of my eyesight, but now I have new glasses. I'm hoping it will be easier on my shoulders than the weaving I have been doing lately. We shall see.

1 comment:

Mereknits said...

I am so glad you got your second shot. I got mine two weeks ago so as of tomorrow I should be fully vaccinated. Not that I will be foolish like the rest of Florida, I will still take every care I can. Stay safe.