Sunday, April 25, 2021

Spring cleaning

There is a special place in hell reserved for the engineers who design stuff that can't be easily cleaned. The nooks and crannies defy scrubbing by toothbrush and picking with toothpicks. Some of that grime will be there until the end of time.

Fiber prep: I was hoping to have started processing a fleece by today, but no such luck. I did purchase some lingerie bags, as that is what will hold the raw fiber while it is being cleaned.
Knitting: The Reader's Wrap body is finished and is being blocked post haste. If the blocking ends the curling, I will add the pockets.


Spinning: More red Tunis. (This section of the progress report is going to be very boring for a very long time.)
Weaving: I wove in the ends of the blue sampler. I'm ready to prematurely end the macrameing of the ends - it's really tedious.

My granddaughter slept over Friday night, a real treat. Having her here no longer feels like babysitting, more like having a guest in the house, she has grown up so much. I feel like I have missed out on a year of her life.

1 comment:

ErinFromIowa said...

First paragraph. 100%
Last paragraph, I totally get what you mean. Plans have been made for a visit from the oldest of my four grandsons.
My youngest daughter lives a stroller ride from me. After a quarantine, she and her firstborn, ten months old, have been in my bubble.
They lifted my spirits many times.
Saxophone on a pandemic breeze plays Erin out.