Monday, August 23, 2021

Drawing a blank

I truly cannot think of anything fiber-ish to write about this week other than the usual progress report. I guess I'm a little discombobulated after being diagnosed with "borderline" diabetes. I've been reading Diabetes for Dummies, which has been illuminating. For example, I did not realize that the propensity for diabetes is inherited; it is triggers like being overweight (especially visceral fat around the waist) that cause it to rear its ugly head. I'm okay, taking medication, watching what I eat, getting exercise, etc. Just thrown for a loop.

Knitting: Making progress on the Habitation throw. The color combinations are "interesting".
Spinning: I finished enough for a second ply, and decided to go for a third ply, of the red Tunis.
Weaving: Inkling letters is challenging but fun.


Even though I am fully vaccinated, I have started wearing a mask again when out and about. The last thing I need pre-surgery is to come down with a case of the Delta variant. What I consider the "countdown" starts next week when I will have one month to go until my shoulder gets fixed. Unlike hip replacements, shoulder replacements are a one-off - should last the rest of my lifetime. Stay safe!

1 comment:

Mereknits said...

Borderline Diabetes runs in my family as well. I have been insulin insufficient since I was 12, but I manage with diet and exercise. So far I am not on medication but I know it is in my future. Stay well and take care of yourself.