Sunday, August 29, 2021

Still sparking joy

While searching for some holey socks that could be repurposed, I found myself digging through a tub of handknits and handwovens that I never wear. They are mostly scarves and shawls; there are even a couple of sweaters. (I tried on one of the sweaters and nearly could not get it off!) I considered adding these to the bin of fiber I've been offering up for free - there were a couple of Kidsilk Haze shawls that someone glommed onto the first month of giveaway - but discovered I am not ready to part with any of them.

Knitting: I finished the swatch I was knitting to felt (but not in time to make it into the weekly wash). It took me so long because that Habitation throw is addicting! Each row takes longer, so progress is slower.
Spinning: Red tunis, of course. Now that the end is in sight, I am more diligent about spinning everyday.
Weaving: Still inkling letters.

The inkle loom has been clamped to the diningroom table for ages, and quite frankly, I was tired of seeing it there. For the inkle workshop at the end of September, my laptop will need to be tethered to my modem, which is in the den. So I moved the inkle to the TV coffee table. The lid of the coffee table is hinged so that it can be raised vertically while remaining horizontal. Add a folding chair and it's a perfect place for inkling.


1 comment:

Mereknits said...

I tend to give my unwanted knit items to the Pine Ridge Indian Reservation, it helps me to know I am helping out so it doesn't make it as painful to give them away. Stay safe.