Sunday, August 15, 2021

Sock it to me

Like most sock knitters, I have a LOT of leftover fingering weight yarn. Some people use it to make "crazy socks" which is definitely one idea. I've also seen larger projects like blankets incorporating LO sock yarn, which is what I am interested in. One fiber friend that I follow on IG (amyhesting on IG, Amycakes on Ravelry) posted about a throw she was knitting from her LO sock yarn. So that is what I am doing now.


This pattern is surprisingly fun because of the (sometimes unexpected) color changes. It's fairly quick because of the US6 needles. And it is light and airy, which I appreciate in a summer project, as does Beau.


Knitting: See above. I also started a swatch of the yarn I tried to crochet last time, to see how well it felts.
Spinning: Yes, more red Tunis.
Weaving: I decided to give up on the last practice warp; there were too many loose warps, plus I was nearing the end anyway. I warped anew, to practice lettering.


The spinning guild met inside and in person this past week. Unfortunately, the building at Salomon Farm where we usually meet had been booked, so we met in the Big Barn... which has no air conditioning... and we were asked to mask... and there were fans running. It was hot and we couldn't hear each other. Show and tell was skipped, but I did manage to get rid of more fiber and yarn and a couple of handmade frame looms.

1 comment:

Mereknits said...

Love what you are making with the sock yarn, good luck on all of your projects.