Sunday, October 01, 2023

A sad day

I dropped by Simply Socks Yarn Company the other day to buy some sock yarn (of course). My favorite is their Poste yarn, made from a Corriedale base, hand dyed by one of their staff members. It wears extremely well and doesn't pill. Alas, they discontinued it. I was very disappointed.

So disappointed that I had a brain fart and purchased two different weights of Trekking yarn, Sport and XXL. My original plan was to knit one pair using the gray for toes, heels, and cuff and the variegated for the foot and leg, then reverse the colorways for a second pair. Now I will have to rethink that strategy. SSYC does most of their business online, but the store is open about four times a month. I'll ponder that predicament.


Knitting: I am ready to bind off the current sock project.

One of my fiber friends told me that the school where she teaches has a knitting and crocheting club. I donated my duplicate crochet hooks, then rummage through my stash for worsted weight cotton and superwash wool I was ready to part with. The result was a fairly large bag of yarn, and yet it barely made a dent in the stash. Too much fiber!

No comments: