Sunday, January 07, 2024

Getting together

During the pandemic, the weaving guild met via zoom, then continued to offer zoom as an option for in-person meetings. But in January, when the weather can be so iffy, we meet just on zoom. About ten of us "gathered" for chitchat and show-and-tell. It was fun and relaxed.

There was no fifth Saturday gathering at Teasel Hill in December, but Julie came to Phia's first Saturday spin-in at Little Shop of Spinning, along with more than the usual gang. A dozen of us squeezed in, and we had to sit spinner-knitter-spinner-knitter to have enough room. The youngest was ten-year-old Davis, who was finger knitting. The oldest was ninety-five-year-old Norma, also knitting. Lots of chatter. And I did NOT buy any fiber, did not even look at it lest I be tempted, but I did pick up the most recent issue of Ply Magazine which is about sweaters.

Knitting: I am having trouble with the pockets on the Lempi sweater, so that is a bit stalled (again). I started another cowl, from the two-ply merino-silk-tencel blend I spun; I'm making the pattern up as I go along.


Spinning: I finished spinning the orange section from that three-color braid of superwash merino, am now starting the brown.

One advantage of these fiber get-togethers is my interest in spinning, knitting, and weaving is renewed, just in time for a long winter.

No comments: