Sunday, March 24, 2024

I quit

My involvement in the plant-based diet classes is coming to a premature end. It's just too extreme for me. I felt better for a while - more energetic - but then started to feel worse. I am also skeptical of any diet that requires supplements - I'd rather eat my minerals and vitamins. And while I understand the point in reporting one's food intake and exercise for the sake of accountability, it felt somewhat infantilizing. I learned some things, tried some new foods and recipes, have a freezer full of plant-based soups, but feel like I can continue on my own without being quite so extreme.

Knitting: I haven't been able to bring myself to work on the socks nor the hat, which means I am dissatisfied with both. I think I'll start over with the socks, maybe abandon the hat for now.
Spinning: All the bobbins that contained singles are now plied. There are still a couple with already-plied yarn that need to be emptied.

BFL and SeaCell, chain-plied

When I first learned to spin, I had a difficult time with plying. Instead of going ahead and struggling with it, I kept filling up bobbins with singles, then bought more bobbins to fill up with singles. Taking classes at Ply Away helped me over that hump, so now I have WAY more bobbins that one spinner needs.

No comments: