Saturday, March 02, 2024

Somebody, stop me!

There was a spin-in at the Little Shop of Spinning today. I was in a quandry about what to spin next, so I grabbed a braid of Tasman comeback and a ball of Wensleydale. The Tasman is plain tan, so I could not help but buy some dark brown merino comeback to go with it.


In preparation for the Jay County Fiber Fest next weekend, Phia had some new fibers in. This braid of merino/silk blend followed me home. I think the colorway is called 'Storm'.


It seems once I fell off the wagon, I just keep accumulating fiber. We'll see how well my will power holds up at the fiber fest. Gulp!

Knitting: I started a pair of socks... sort of. The center-pull ball vomited a mess of yarn that I could not untangle, even after TWO HOURS of messing with it. This pair of self-striping socks will not match. I also started another mistake rib cowl, but I'm not sure I will continue with it, as the yarn is not very soft.
Spinning: I chain-plied the SeaCell yarn - it turned out really nice! No pix yet. I started spinning the Wensleydale.

One of the other spinners at the spin-in had an e-spinner. I already have two wheels, do not need another one, but if I were to downsize to an apartment, the e-spinner could definitely be a replacement for my current Ashfords. We'll see what the future holds. For right now, I'm staying put.

No comments: