Sunday, March 31, 2024

Spinning spin-in

I had such a good time at yesterday's Fifth Saturday Spin-in at Teasel Hill. There weren't too many of us there, but we talked, mostly about fiber and fiber fests and projects. One idea I picked up was to knit an adult-sized Baby Surprise Jacket with the yarn I acid dyed a while ago. Every time I look at that yarn, I want to make something with it, and now I know what.

Knitting: The sock-knitting dilemma has worked itself out. It seems none of the contrasting yarn I purchased for toes, heels, and cuffs goes with the yarns from the estate sales. So I decided to knit a solid-colored pair of socks. That quickly became boring, so I added a basketweave pattern to keep it interesting.


Spinning: I started spinning a braid of Tasman Comeback that is a solid beige. Not very exciting, but I plan to combine the result with some dark brown. That seemed too dull to take to the spin-in, so once there I started on a braid of merino/silk blend.

I'm really happy with some of the yarn I have spun lately, so happy I don't want to make anything with it yet. Hopefully, the perfect project will come along.

No comments: