Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Pix, Pix, and More Pix - NOT

I have a bunch of photos to post, but Blogger won't let me upload them. Apparently, this is an ongoing problem. Hmmm. Maybe it is time to try some other blog tool.

Anyway... if I could upload photos, you would get to see pix of the yarn I described a few days ago. I think the "Faded Valentine"
may become a shawl, the Icelandic wool
will probably become mittens (if I bought enough), and the Trekking
will of course be used for socks, perhaps for my sweetie. I think it is his turn to get a pair. (Added photos 2007-11-15.)


The knitting projects I took with me on my recent travels were a hoodie and socks. I had started the sleeve on the hoodie, but it just wasn't sitting well with me. To achieve gauge, I went up a needle size (usually I drop at least one size) and am still missing the target, but it looks like the hoodie will be plenty roomie as it is. But I don't like the Inox needles I have been using. They seem sticky. So I stopped the hoodie and picked up the socks, my last pair of Magic Stripes. On size US3 needles, they are 75% complete. (Added photo 2007-11-15.)


The plumber guys are here, to hook me up to city water, and if I could post a photo, you would see I now have a baby backhoe and a not-so-baby hole in my front yard. There are all kinds of noises coming from under the house, and not too much swearing, so hopefully it is going well (no pun intended!) (Added photo 2007-11-15.)

It is becoming more and more difficult to think of wishes. Wishes can be big or small, selfish or selfless, frivolous or serious. I've been avoiding the obvious - peace on earth, etc. - but after flying over some beautiful countryside, I will wish that we learn to be better stewards of this planet.

No comments: