Thursday, January 24, 2008

Must. Knit. Sock.

As you may recall, I purchased some Classic Elite Inca Marl to knit some socks for my son-in-law. After I made this purchase, I read a review (at Knitter's Review, natch) of a cousin of this yarn, Inca Alpaca, and Clara Parker declared, Don't let the yarn store owner tell you this yarn is not for socks, as one of her favorite pairs was knit with this plus some Jaggerspun lace weight. That was good enough for me, so I started sock #1. But I did not get very far before I decided that without a second yarn to provide body, the Inca Marl was just not going to do. I think this yarn would have a nice drape, but who wants socks that drape? Between the yarn failure and my needle crisis, I got cranky and just gave up and ordered the Artyarn used in the pattern and some needles from Webs. So there.

But I still really, really, really wanted to work on some socks, so I started a second pair of Jaywalkers, using Austermann Step (mit Aloe Vera und Jojoba Ol). I had made a pair for my daughter (seen here), but these will in the larger size for my Sasquatch feet.

With a pair of socks on the needles, I now feel much better. Ah!

No comments: