Tuesday, January 01, 2008

New Year Resolutions - 2008

Last year's New Year resolution - to do something fun each month - was a success, but I want to do something different this year. I'm sticking to the one-and-only-one motif, but this year my resolution is to manage my vacation days better.

Unlike some of my co-workers, I always take all the vacation I have coming to me, but it seems like the past couple of years, I return from vacation more tired than when I left. Several vacations were family-obligation vacations, and with my oldest brother planning a family reunion, there will be one of those this year. But even destination vacations can be exhausting because I am driven by the need to see as much as possible in the time allotted.

I need a vacation just for vegging. Those seem to be camping vacations, where we have to do a lot of prep, but once we are at the campsite and all set up, we can just kick back and relax. The problem is we like to rent a pop-up camper (it's as close as you can get to sleeping outside without having to sleep on the ground) and right now neither my SO nor I have a tow vehicle. If only we could get a rental place to deliver the pop-up to our campsite.

Anyway, that's my resolution, to make better use of my four weeks plus three days of vacation time. What are your resolutions?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gostei muito desse post e seu blog é muito interessante, vou passar por aqui sempre =) Depois dá uma passada lá no meu site, que é sobre o CresceNet, espero que goste. O endereço dele é http://www.provedorcrescenet.com . Um abraço.