Saturday, January 19, 2008

Sarah Jane's Yarn Shoppe

My SO was in the nabe yesterday, so he stopped in at Sarah Jane's Yarn Shoppe even though it wasn't open yet. I thought they were open. I thought yesterday was their grand opening. He said he was the only one there, so I thought they were getting off to a slow start. I stopped by today, thinking I would have a quiet browse through the yarn. HA! The place was packed, and not just with shoppers. A lot of women were just standing around, sipping punch and yakking away. I signed up to win a gift certificate, squeezed me some yarn while chanting "Excuse me, excuse me," looked for a solution to my needle crisis (nope), then got the hell out of there. All I can say is, Wow! They are not getting off to a slow start at all. Whew! I will have to return when things quiet down a bit.

P.S. Their website is still under construction.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi: Being new to blogging, I'm looking at different knitting blogs to see what designs are neat . . . I really like the list design on yours. Lea-Ann
a/k/a Knitting Today

Jeanne said...

Sarah Jane's is wonderful - I was there the Thursday before they opened - They have some nice yarn, wide variety, and seem very helpful. Glad Fort Wayne has a very good, very friendly yarn store!