Sunday, July 26, 2020

Finally!

The number of new Covid cases is climbing in Indiana, so tomorrow (Monday) masks become mandatory indoors. It's about time. When I see non-wearers of masks out and about, I almost feel assaulted, as though they are pointing at me and saying, I don't care about YOU! What a selfish culture we have cultivated.

I am a little embarrassed to say I did nothing fiber related this past week except try to repair the Taupe Beast. It took me a while to find a copy of the pattern (thank you, Inter Library Loan!) Then I had to learn how to crochet again; fortunately, that is like riding a bike, one never really forgets. I worked up a sample of the pattern, then spent HOURS trying to actually repair the afghan. Talk about a cognitive test! I will keep at it, though, as this thing is a favorite winter warmer for my daughter, her family, and her dogs. (No wonder it needs repair!)

One happy result of my efforts was coming to the conclusion that I kind of miss crochet. My mother taught me how when I was about 14 (I wonder what happened to that vest?) I inundated friends and family with afghans and baby blankets, then got bitten by the knitting bug. Lately, knitting has taken a toll on my shoulders, so maybe I'll return to my hooking roots, at least for a while.

1 comment:

Mereknits said...

I think there is room in life for both crochet and knitting. I love them both for very different reasons. I think of crochet as more mindless, you can just put it down when you need to. Knitting makes a much finer and drapey fabric, but take a long time. Happy stitching and stay safe,