Monday, May 03, 2021

Time crunch

Some days I feel somewhat overwhelmed. How did I ever manage to get stuff done while I was still working? I know I clean more since replacing all the carpet with laminate - carpeting holds onto pet hair whereas the laminate allows for tumbleweeds of detritis. And now that things are opening up a bit, I'm out and about a bit more. Then there is the yard and garden and some home improvement and repair. Gah!

Knitting: The blocking of the Reader's Wrap was a success! The curl is gone, so I have been knitting the pockets. One down, one to go.


Spinning: More red Tunis. As I spin, I hold an internal debate on whether to spin it all or leave some as roving for future weaving projects.
Weaving: After the guild program on waffle weave, I tried my hand at it and failed. But I was following the directions for some "pseudo" waffle weave patterns I found in a book. This week I unwove that bit and started over, following the instructions from the program. Success! I think there is enough warp on this loom for four dishrags, so I will carry on.


My SO and I spent Saturday on the local Rural Artist Studio Tour. Last year's event was cancelled, and some of the regulars apparently chose to forego participation this year, but we still had a good time chatting up the artists. Then we stopped at a new microcreamery near downtown. As we chowed down on double scoops of hand crafted ice cream, we wandered around the historic West Central neighborhood. What a delightful day! Maybe someday, when the state reaches herd immunity (barely halfway there now), we will be able to be out and about without masks and social distancing.

No comments: