Saturday, November 06, 2021

Back in the swing of things (mostly)

The surgeon cleared me for knitting and weaving - huzzah! In fact, after I demonstrated the movements involved in weaving, he considered them good therapy for my shoulder. Otherwise, I've been doing everyday things like cooking and cleaning and repotting houseplants. Physical therapy starts on Monday.

Knitting: I'm back at the Habitation throw. I find that two rows is about all I can do at one time. Those knitting muscles need to be rebuilt.
Weaving: I warped the Ashford SampleIt loom for more waffle weave washcloths.


This afternoon, about a dozen of us from the local spinning guild spent several hours at the Wabash Woollen Works; separate post to follow. I had visited them once before, with the weaving guild. The trip seemed wasted on the weavers, as many of them don't work with wool. I thought it would be a great idea for the spinning guild, though, and I was right.

I am now officially off my fiber diet.

No comments: