Sunday, March 13, 2022

Fest away

It's been two years since I last attended the Jay County Fiber Arts Fest in Portland IN. While the pandemic may not be 100% over, some activities are approaching "normal". So I headed south on US27 for a workshop and some shopping. I'll post separately on both.

Dyeing: Attended a workshop on a one-pot method for rainbow dyeing raw wool and roving. At home, I copied the technique on some yarn.
Knitting: Yes, still working on the Habitation throw. Too bad I am not a faster knitter.
Weaving: I fixed the big booboo on the leno curtains; if you think weaving leno is slow, try unweaving it. I'm still sampling on the SampleIt, this time Spanish lace with a thicker yarn and some clasped weft. I also started a sample on my Saffron pocket loom.


The trip to Portland and back exhausted me. I don't have the kind of energy I had even five years ago. It didn't help that once again I caught a little cold earlier in the week. I think this is cold number 4 for the season. Fortunately, they don't last long. Hope all is well with you and yours.

No comments: