Saturday, March 26, 2022

Indoor fun

When the weather is as crummy as it has been lately, I'm glad I have an assortment of indoor hobbies to protect me from cabin fever. My SO and I have also been visiting local art galleries while we can, before the next surge. One gallery displayed a piece made with "digital weaving". I'm guessing that involves a Jacquard loom?

Dyeing: I decided to use up the rest of the dye samples from the one-pot rainbow dyeing workshop, in a rather haphazard way. Not perfect results, but fun to do. Acid dyes are so much easier to work with than natural dyes.


Knitting: I know I have commented on how close I am getting to starting the decrease rows on the Habitation throw. Now I can announce that the very next row will actually be a decrease row. Huzzah!
Weaving: I finished weaving the leno curtains, freeing up the 24" Ashford rigid heddle loom. So I immediately rewarped it for some guest towels for the guest bathroom. It's completely plain weave, a relief after all that leno.


I purchased a weaving book called CrazyShot, by Myra Wood. It describes how to weave overshot on a rigid heddle loom. That will probably be the next sample I make on my SampleIt loom. Never stop learning.

No comments: