What do you do when there is a break in your busy schedule? If you are like me, you hit the fiber arts, HARD, while also perusing some interesting fiber arts books in the evenings.
My latest dye experiments have left me with some gorgeous colors that I want to do something special with. These short-row knitting motifs look like a good candidate... once I master the techniques.
I am always looking for unusual ways to document my garden plants. Cyanotype doesn't provide the detail or color I would like to capture, but ecodyeing just might. Again, I'll have to practice.
Dyeing: Dyed yarn with goldenrod; report to follow. More indigo dyeing.
Knitting: The snowflake headband is done; I started another headband in my granddaughter's school colors: black and yellow. I'm discovering I really hate knitting with acrylic.
Sewing: I made drawstring bags for the guild banners as the old ones were falling apart; nothing special, just some leftover polar fleece from JoAnn.
Weaving: Not really weaving but hemming handwoven towels and stitching together panels from a March 2025 weaving project, using the "baseball stitch" which is like lacing one's shoes.
Part of the mess in my so-called studio is from unfinished projects. It was time to either stitch or get off the pot. Now the red and black houndstooth towels are hemmed and the buffalo plaid blanket is on its way to being finished. What's next?




No comments:
Post a Comment