When I think about attending a fiber festival and look at the classes offered, I just get tired. I don't need to buy anything fiber-related, and I just don't feel like learning something new.
And yet, here I am, doing something new. I've mentioned Tunisian crochet before, and for some reason decided now is the time to give it a go. Initially, I tried to make a narrow sample on a regular crochet hook, but that did not work out very well.
The longer ones work better, but for a large project, hooks with cables are recommended.
Curling is an issue, obviously. I'm using Redheart acrylic yarn here, which I'm sure does not help. I do love the resulting fabric, though. So textured! And Tunisian crochet is easy peasy.
Speaking of acrylic, I purchased a LOT of it when my granddaughter expressed an interest in crochet. She has since lost interest, so I've been using it to practice colorwork. Now I'm done with that (for now) and decided the acrylic is going to be offered up at the fiber arts club meeting, for free. If no, or not enough, takers, it will go to Goodwill. Life is too short to work with yarn one does not like.
Crochet: See above.
Dyeing: Not actually dyeing, but dealing with dyed yarn from the recent workshop; I niddy-noddy'd each skein, then wound them into cakes, each one being about 130 yards and 50 grams, so DK weight.
Knitting: The third headband is finished - well, almost - all three bands need to have ends woven in and blocking - and I'm finished with this exercise as well.
Spinning: A spin-in at a friend's house resulted in my finishing the murky roving I have been working on for what seems like forever; time to ply!
Our new LYS, Bad Cat Knit Goods, is experiencing a lot of early success. It seems the local fiber community has been hungry for just such a venue. May the success continue!


No comments:
Post a Comment