Meanwhile, I have not made much progress on all my UFO's, so of course I started a new project, just a little project, a dishcloth in linen stitch using variegated cotton yarn. During a manic phase, I purchased a bunch of Lion Cotton for making dishcloths using different stitches from The Knitting Stitch Bible. I quickly discovered, however, that variegated yarn is not the best choice for showcasing fancy stitchwork. So when I read about combining variegated yarns with the linen stitch, I decided to give it a try. Today. The basic directions are from a scarf pattern in my 2007 Pattern-A-Day Knitting Calendar (the April 17th entry), and so far the result is interesting. I'll post photos when I am back online with DSL.
One of my toilets needs its insides replaced. I'm wondering if my bad luck with computers will extend to plumbing. Maybe I should not press my luck.