Sunday, August 09, 2009

It's Laurie's fault



I tired of dishcloths, so I was vulnerable. "Entrelac" was on my learn-to-knit list, but a friend of mine tried it and ran into difficulty. Crazy Aunt Purl raved about her entrelac scarf, though, and I thought, If she can do it, I can do it. The pattern she followed used Noro Silk Garden, which I did not have, but I have Kureyon. The pattern also called for four skeins, and I have only two. But none of that stopped me. After a couple of confusing and awkward false starts, I was soon entrelacking!



Hopefully, I will be able to find more Noro in the same colorway, so I can complete this project.

(Um, notice that my plans to upload pix from Flickr has gone awry? Flickr is having problems today. Or maybe it doesn't play well with Chrome. That would bite. I don't want to use Web Albums.)

I have one more pair of mittens to knit for my personal commitment to Mittnz, but I had to cannibalize a pair of leg warmers for more yarn. The leg warmers, while cute, were unwearable, so it is no sacrifice. However, the Encore yarn has quite the stitch memory, so I am soaking the kinks out of it.

While not knitting mittens, I knit on socks.



I'm liking the pairing of the yarn colorway and pattern, and am still evaluating the 9" circular needles.



On the one hand, the needles are a bit awkward for stitches like k2tog and I did not like using them for the ribbing and I have to keep track of where I am on the round, BUT they are much faster than DPNs, presumably because there is no futzing around with four or five needles. So far, I give them a tentative thumbs up.

Seascape continues to wear me down.



I am only halfway through the first (of six!) repeats of chart B, and it is slow going. I'm contemplating investing in a new pair of Addi Lace needles to see if that helps. The points on the straights I am using seem dull.

3 comments:

Toni said...

Wow! The scarf looks great!!! And the socks are SOOOO pretty!

Shea said...

The entrilac looks fantastic! I haven't yet tried that technique. It's on my to do list.

Anonymous said...

Your entralac scarf looks great!!

Try knitting the socks with two round needles, not just one. It is much easier.

nancy