Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Wrong. Wrong, wrong, wrong.

I was wrong about the second half of the Danish shawl border being ssk's instead of k2tog's.  I was also wrong not to take seriously the instruction about keeping the slipped stitch very loose, which is why the points slant.  This would not be so bad if I could figure out how to get the points on the second half to slant in the opposite direction.  The shawl is taking a brief time out while I contemplate and experiment and see what I can do.  One thing I know I am NOT going to do is start over.

Another pair of birthday socks found their way onto the needles, Retro Rib from Favorite Socks.  I have only one skein of yarn to knit a man-sized pair of socks.  This pattern is only 64 stitches around, but they are stretchy stitches, so I decided to give it a try.  Unfortunately, over 50% of those stitches are purl, and a good many of the remaining are ktbl.  Not difficult, just annoying.

Then I purchased Mitered Crosses Blanket Pattern for Japan, because I like the idea of creating a knitted blanket from a quilt pattern and it's pretty and it's big and the money goes to a good cause.  I completely forgot that I don't particularly like to knit mitered squares.  Oh, well, it was only $5.

No comments: