Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Not according to plan

In the continuing saga of dyeing yarn with KoolAid, I took that pretty sample and knit a swatch in garter stitch.

That got me itchy to get going for real on the blanket. But first, I had to dye the rest of the yarn. In the name of efficiency, my first inclination was to try to dye it all at one time. Sanity prevailed, so instead I tried two skeins at a time. The results were less than stellar.

I used more KoolAid, to try to get a more saturated, more even color, but what I got was more variation, from very saturated to almost no color. There is still more yarn to dye, so I will try one skein at a time. Depending on the result, I will then maybe re-dye the above skeins.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I want to try kool ade dying, but I just haven't had time. I love that blue, though!