Friday, June 29, 2012

Summertime

The temperature reached 105 degrees yesterday. Today it was cooler (mid-nineties) and a storm blew through with 92 mph winds and about 0.25" of rain, then the temperature dropped 30 degrees. Aahhh! Back to the 90's tomorrow, though.

I have been knitting, albeit not much. Even though my house is air conditioned, it is difficult to work with wool in the summer. I would knit cotton, but it is too inelastic, makes my shoulders and wrists hurt with the effort.

The Gap-tastic cowl is my mindless knit project. Knit, purl, knit, purl, round and round we go.



It is difficult to tell in that photo, but the color is chocolate.

The portable project is socks, of course. Plain ol' ordinary striped ribbed socks.



I don't know why, but I don't want to knit anything more intricate right now. Lazy days of summer, I guess.

1 comment:

toni in florida said...

Whatever floats your knitting boat is just fine... and more than many people will do all summer.

I just finished a pair of socks and am now knitting a hat, so I'm all aboard the small-things express!