Sunday, December 11, 2016

Only 13 days until xmas

This version of this pattern is actually the first one I started and was somewhat experimental, so it is for me and my hunting season hiking. I added a white crocheted border, to soften the orange, but didn't like it. I don't look good in hats to begin with, and the front flap was doing me no favors, so I removed that as well. As knit, the hat is a bit too deep for my head, so someday I may rip back the i-cord strings and flaps and about an inch of hat. Someday. Maybe.

Pattern: Amelia E. by Amy Miller
Yarn: Cascade 220 Superwash, in colorway 1952 'Blaze'
Needles: US7
Modifications: removed the front flap; i-cord strings

Trying to start it from the top down using metal DPNs was IMPOSSIBLE. The needles kept slipping out of the initial eight stitches. Consequently, the crown looks a bit wonky. I broke down and purchased some bamboo DPNs, so I wouldn't have this problem going forward.

1 comment:

Mereknits said...

I think it looks prefect!