Saturday, July 11, 2020

Second verse, same as the first

Like last week's report, I am trying to get something, anything done in the yard. The heat is giving us a brief reprieve, but the ground is still bone dry. Occasionally, a pop up storm drops a few sprinkles, but nothing significant. I'm still wading through the old letters, too, ruminating on what to do with some of them that lack a "next of kin". Maybe a historical society would be interested? Reading them is like traveling back in time, which is distracting.

Spinning: I finished spinning the pink merino/angelina blend singles and started 4-plying everything. I'm beginning to think my efforts will not produce anything all that interesting. Also, I don't seem to have enough fingers for 4-plying.

Indiana is experiencing an uptick in Covid cases. I see more people wearing masks, although still not all unless the store (like Barnes & Noble) requires it. Kroger now "recommends" masks. I feel like getting a t-shirt made that says, "If you want your children to go back to school this fall, WEAR A MASK."

1 comment:

Mereknits said...

You would make a million dollars with that shirt if you sold them. Stay safe.