Sunday, August 09, 2020

Focus on finishing

I have a bad habit of starting projects with great enthusiasm, powering through them to a certain point, then abandoning them, often just inches from being complete. Then I feel bad about myself and the state of my house because it is cluttered with these almost finished objects. So this past week, I spent an afternoon actually wrapping up a couple three things.

Crochet: I had to start the cowl over from stitch one because of that row-turning thing I mentioned before - the fabric was growing - but now the cowl is complete, even the mattress stitching. Separate post to follow. I also finished the repairs to the Taupe Beast. They are not pretty but hopefully will hold together at least as long as the rest of the afghan does.
Weaving: I hemmed and steamed the latest pocket weaving; separate post to follow.

There are more repairs/finishes to do, of course, plus other projects at a standstill (for example, those old family letters). At some point, I would like to rescue the fiber studio, because once again, I can barely cross the room. However, the weather continues to be amenable to gardening, so I have been expending a lot of energy on that. Rain is in the forecast, so maybe, just maybe, a few more things will get done around here.

(Blogger has a new interface, one that I have yet to master, especially the sizing of photos. Please bear with me while I adjust.)

1 comment:

Mereknits said...

Your finishing looks wonderful. Blogger is driving me nuts. I hate the size of the photos and could not put text between them, it came out blue and underlined. I have no idea how to deal with these ridiculous changes. Stay safe.