Sunday, September 27, 2020

Aumtumnal

Sorry for the silence. The passing of RBG left me figuratively curled up in a fetal position. Regarding the rapid naming of her successor, I dissent.

My son and his girl friend came for a visit - a real spirit lifter, as I had not seen them since xmas when she cooked dinner for us as I was still recovering from hip surgery. We masked and social distanced, important since they both work with the public, and visited the mural art downtown for an excursion. Of course, in anticipation of their visit, I did more housecleaning than I usually do, but then we barely spent any time inside, as the weather was gorgeous. More housework means less fiber arts, so not a lot to report.

Knitting: My SO, who has much better color sense than I do, helped me pick out naturally dyed yarn from my collection, to knit a cuff-to-cuff sweater. I have a couple of patterns to guide me, plus some Interweave articles. My primary concern is to limit the vertical stretching.


Spinning: I took my wheel out to the deck for a little spinning al fresco. Still working on the Corriedale roving, almost halfway through the 8 oz. I confess I miss spinning with others, so I hope our next guild meeting is in person.
Weaving: Worked a bit on the sari table runner, but not much.

After spinning on the deck, I tried tinking the perfumey socks I knit for a friend. (She perfumed them, not me.) My plan was to unravel the feet, then make fingerless mitts with them. While struggling with the yarn, which is a bit felted, I decided it would be easier to just knit her some mitts from scratch, using worsted weight yarn instead of fingering. At some point, one has to cut one's losses.

No comments: