Saturday, November 21, 2020

Copy cat

Last weekend I took my granddaughter on a gem and mineral field trip at a local county park (outside, masks, social distancing). One of the other families were all wearing the same hat that I assumed was hand knit. But then I noticed a tag on one that said "CC". I looked it up online and discovered the CC Beanie. Now I am seeing them everywhere, including in the clothing section of Kroger. There are also copy cat patterns avaible on Ravelry with hundreds made. I will probably make one someday, after I get something else finished first.

Crochet: The body of the lavender baby blanket is complete, but I am a bit flummuxed over the border instructions. I'll figure it out... eventually.
Knitting: The thumb gussets are almost done on the Lithuanian Ribby Knit mittens. Knitting mittens on US1 needles is a bit tedious.

Spinning: No luck finding black dyed superwash merino top. I'm debating on how to move forward: 1) buy undyed superwash merino top and dye it myself, 2) go ahead and use the non-superwash black merino top I already purchased, 3) not include a black ply while also deciding whether to ply the 'Jailhouse Rock' singles into 3a) 2-ply or 3b) 3-ply, etc. I'm open to suggestions.
Weaving: No progress on either the sari yarn runner or the warping of the 8/4 cotton.

Indiana is a Covid hot spot and the county I live in is now "red". My SO and I will enjoy our turkey Manhattans and pumpkin pie while "double bubbling." I'm not much for holidays to begin with, and I'm lucky my kids are close enough I see them with some regularity anyway. As far as I'm concerned, everyday should be one of thanksgiving.

No comments: