Saturday, January 16, 2021

Found

One reason I have not posted much lately is I decided to do some household and fiber rearranging. I'm still not done, but in the process of moving a cupboard of spun and/or dyed yarn from one room to another, I found the samples I dyed using various parts of my false indigo plant. I have yet to dye with the roots, so once spring makes an appearance, I'll add that to the bunch. (I found something else, but now can't remember what it was because I suffer from CRS - Can't Remember Shit.)

Knitting: I visited one of my ortho doctors this past week and received cortisone shots in each shoulder to tide me over until I can schedule surgery (which will be after I get both doses of the Covid vaccine). While it takes a week or so for the cortisone to do its thing, a numbing agent in the serum gives a couple of days respite. So I picked up my knitting and overdid it. Now I can barely move my arms without pain. Ouch.
Spinning: I started two-plying the Socks that Rock singles. I gave up the idea of three-ply with one ply being black. I'm about halfway done, although I might run it through the wheel again, to tighten up the ply a bit.
Weaving: Now that I have new glasses, I laid out the sari yarn runner and started fiddling with the finishing. That will take a while.

Another reason I have not posted much lately is I fell down the jigsaw puzzle hole again. I thought this puzzle would not be all that difficult. I was wrong. The puzzle pieces were not cut in standard shapes.


ANOTHER reason I have not posted much lately is I have been feeling a bit broken. The pandemic and politics were bad enough, but then a college friend passed away from Covid, my ex-sister-in-law died from a stroke, and when I went online to find her obituary, I found her husband's, from this past November. The domestic terrorists trying to destroy democracy was the final straw. If we can just hang on for a while longer, the grown-ups will be in charge again and hopefully at least some things will get better. Stay safe!

1 comment:

Mereknits said...

So much to process with deaths of loved ones and friends, the pandemic, our current political crisis and then your shoulders! Please take care of yourself. Stay safe.