Sunday, September 10, 2023

Burned out?

The weaving guild meets September through June, so this past week was our first meeting of the new year. And I found myself less than enthusiastic. We met at the library so that we could view (or, for some of us, view again) the weaving exhibit. I don't know if it was the different venue or the smaller than normal for September turnout or my energy level, but I could not wait to get out of there and go home. I belong to two fiber guilds, and while that doesn't seem like a lot, sometimes it's just too much for this introvert.

Knitting: The "traveling" socks went with me to the weaving guild meeting, so some more progress there. I'm back to knitting the sweater sleeves; my goal is to finish a pair of color bands each day. I've settled on how to proceed with the cowl: since I won't have enough of one color to have one "main" color, I'll shift those along with the contrast colors.


Weaving: I'm now on the second loopy washcloth, weaving 2 picks between each row of loops (the previous one had three picks). I also wove the hem on the warp for a rug.

I keep track of the colors of the Lempi sweater in a small notebook. Since I know fiber people will ask which color is from what material and I'm not likely to memorize them all, I wish there were some way to label them on the sweater. Maybe embroider labels with the pertinent information and sew them on the inside? The sweater is a lot of work; not sure I want to add more needlework to that.


Have a documented week.

No comments: