Monday, December 01, 2008

Xmas shopping, sort of

If you need some individual attention, Thanksgiving weekend is a good time to visit your LYS. I hit all two of them on Saturday, and was the only shopper there.

LYS #1 didn't have anything on my shopping list, but felt compelled to make a pity purchase, two skeins of Noro Silk Garden. I wanted to see what the big deal was about the striped 1x1 ribbed scarves "everyone" is knitting with this yarn, alternating colorways.



So far, I'm not in love with the colorways I picked. The dark blue belched green from the center pull skein, the mauve spit out gold and pink. And I think I was supposed to by four skeins, not two, to complete a scarf. We'll see how this goes.

LYS #2 had the Addi Turbo Lace needles I wanted, in US8, for knitting Kidsilk Haze.



I started Wisp on Sunday, and these worked better than anything else I tried. I'm not loving Kidsilk Haze, either, but I viewed some finished Wisps on Ravelry and am inspired to continue.

Then, in the interest of learning to knit socks toe up, I purchased some superwash worsted.



My plan is to practice toe up with worsted, then DK, and finally fingering. I can wear these red red socks with my red, red, red sweater. Should be comfy.

1 comment:

Toni said...

Tag! Details are at my knitting blog