Sunday, August 16, 2020

Clean up

I'm so proud of myself for tackling the studio. Not only can I walk across the room, I was able to vacuum and dust in there. The table still needs to be cleared off, but should I feel the urge, I can spin and weave in there again. And having it mostly in order is generating that urge again.

Crochet: I wanted to crochet a simple project, so started a hat that is single crochet in a spiral. Something, either crochet or gardening or something, messed up my shoulder and upper arm, to the point that for a few days I could not crochet a single stitch without experiencing pain. It's better now, but I am not pleased with this latest sign of aging.
Knitting: A blanket I knit for my granddaughter in 2011 tore a bit near one corner. The online pattern is long gone, but it's a simple feather-and-fan stitch with garter borders, so I am working on a patch.

In pottery class, I actually threw a couple of pieces on the wheel. My ortho surgeon did not think crouching over a pottery wheel would be a good thing for my new hip, but the new instructor dug out a countertop wheel for us to try. Two of my hand built projects are not turning out well, so I'm glad to have something to show for my efforts.

Latest Blogger glitch: I thought some of the labels were missing from my list, but it turns out they are in two groups, one where the labels are capitalized (like for yarn brands), one where they are not. Very odd.

1 comment:

Mereknits said...

Looks like you are getting a lot done. So sorry about your shoulder. Rest and stay safe.