Saturday, August 22, 2020

Dog days

Clio is laying in the shade of the arborvitae - she looks dead - while Watson is hunkered down in his favorite spot under some shrubs. I spend a couple of hours on the yard most days, but am feeling a bit discouraged at the slow progress. Eventually, the temps will drop and it will rain. Right?

Crochet: The colors in the hat I was crocheting were pooling so badly, the garment was taking on a camo look. I showed it to my granddaughter - the look on her face confirmed just how hideous the results were. When I tried to coach a comment from her, all I got was "I'm not wearing that!" So I frogged it.
Knitting: A pair of socks I knit for a friend developed a hole. I hoped to be able to mend it, but decided to turn the socks into some fingerless mitts instead. The problem? My friend must wear perfume on her feet. I'm sensative to fragrances and could barely stand to work on these. I even tried washing them, to no avail. Maybe I can work on them outside? When it cools down a bit?
Weaving: YES, I actually sat down at my 24" rigid heddle loom and attempted to continue with the sari yarn bag I had started. This is the project I purchased a temple for, so I tried to get that working. Alas, it revealed that I had lost an entire INCH from the width of the weaving from the get-go. That's what happens when one simply eyeballs dimensions instead of measuring them. So I started the project over AGAIN - probably for the third or fourth time. My self talk is along the lines of "Well, now you know...."

A few days ago, my SO and I planned to visit the Decatur (Indiana) Sculpture Tour, which is outside and goes on all year round, with fresh sculptures installed in the early summer. I even dressed up! But just before we left, I suddenly felt unwell. We ended up on his front porch, chatting away. Just as well, as in today's paper I read about a spike in Covid cases in Decatur. Meanwhile, the work can be viewed online.

1 comment:

Mereknits said...

Hope you are feeling better now. Glad you did not push yourself to go when you were unwell. Good luck with your projects.