Thursday, February 03, 2022

Infinity scarf

I received some unusual yarn at the spinning guild xmas party. Bamboo Bloom is made up of rayon from bamboo, wool, and acrylic. It is also a "thick and thin" yarn - skinny lengths interupted by untwisted chunks. I selected a one-skein pattern designed for this yarn. It's not my color nor my style, but I have been wearing it around the house, as it is quite warm and wards off the chill. The yarn has been discontinued, but one may still find it here and there.


Pattern: Bamboo Bloom Cowl and Infinity Scarf, by Stitch Supply Co.
Yarn: Bamboo Bloom in 'Spicy Mustard'
Needle: US10.5
Modifications: The pattern calls for knit stitch except for the fat bits, where one purls. I read a suggestion elsewhere to purl into the fat bits as well, so I did that. Not sure it made much difference.


This project made me aware that there are patterns written specifically for thick and thin yarn. Some of my homespun is just that (some on purpose, some not). Now I will have to reassess what I can do with it.

No comments: