Tuesday, February 08, 2022

Waffle weave wash cloths

After my previous effort at waffle weave dish cloths, I decided to make some more (they are a fun weave) to try to fix the hourglass shape the previous ones ended up with. My strategy was to not edge them in plain weave, as it seemed to not shrink as much as the waffle weave. The hems were really bulky and difficult to sew, and they are still rather hourglass shapped. But no matter. Now I have more wash cloths to use and give away.


Weave structure: Waffle weave
Loom: Ashford Sampleit
Yarn: Elmore-Pisgah Peaches & Cream in 'Shaded Pastels'
EPI/PPI: 7.5/7.5
(I didn't take notes on the pre-wash/post-wash measurements.)


There is a pattern in one of the issues of Little Looms for waffle weave towels in a finer yarn. The corners of the towels in the photos look square, so maybe using a finer yarn works better for this weave structure. That pattern is on my to-do list.

No comments: