Saturday, June 11, 2022

Broken wheel

I was spinning along on my Ashford Joy 2 the other day when it broke. More specifically, the rubber thingy that connects the treadle to its arm broke. I think the part is called a "poly conrod joint". Hopefully, my local spinning shop can fix it for me. I could order the part and try to fix it myself, but my hands don't work as well as they used to - no gripping power.


Knitting: Still plugging away on the Habitation throw. I used to count stitches on just the eyelet rows, but I've been having so much trouble with the decrease rows that I have been counting stitches on every row. Down to 167 stitches per row.
Spinning: See above.
Weaving: I started towel number two, am almost halfway finished with it. I also addressed some finishing work on a wall hanging I created quite some time ago but it's still not done. I unwove the wall hanging I started a couple of weeks ago; it just wasn't working for me. I restarted it, though.

During the summer, Fort Wayne hosts festival after festival in our revitalized downtown. The past two years have been festival-less for the most part, but it looks like things are back to "normal". Since I needed to be downtown anyway today, my SO and I hit up Germanfest, celebrating its fortieth year. We ate brats and potato salad, and watched part of the "wiener dog" races. Even though I am not a big festival-goer, I admit I got a little teary eyed about the seeming normalcy of this kitschy event, even nostalgic about the polka music.



I hope things are feeling at least somewhat normal for you, too.

No comments: