Saturday, June 18, 2022

Fixed despite the heat wave

The plan was to meet up with Phia, the owner of Little Shop of Spinning, prior to the spinning guild meeting, BUT. The AC in the building we meet in could not cope with the 90+ degree heat that day. The meeting was cancelled. Instead, today I drove out to Roanoke (IN) so Phia could fix my wheel. I also bought some fiber (how could I not?) and cruised the Roanoke Vintage and Handmade Market (did not make any purchases there). So my Ashford Joy 2 is up and running again. Huzzah!

White is Romney, blue is Polish merino

Knitting: Same ol' same ol'. Down to 155 stitches per row on the Habitation throw.
Spinning: See above.
Weaving: The waffle weave towels are off the loom! The stitch pattern looks so lovely, I hate to wash them as they will shrink significantly. The wall hanging (which is in shades of grays) is off the loom as well, awaiting some hand finishing.


My SO and I have been out and about again, this time to a new restaurant on The Landing called Mercado (Cali-Mex cuisine). Then we went to the annual members exhibit at Artlink, where my SO has a photo on display. Downtown Fort Wayne has been transformed from a flood-prone nothing to the most happening place in Northeast Indiana.

1 comment:

Mereknits said...

My Ashford bigger loom now resides under Little Buddy's bed. I can't even remember how to put it together. My Ashford scarf loom is packed away, and I have given all my other looms away. I wonder if I will ever weave again, I miss it but sure don't have the time or space to set it up. Good luck with your weaving!