Saturday, June 04, 2022

Fiber break

This past week, we spent a few days in Chicago. While I took along the cowl I'm knitting, I didn't work on it much. It was kind of a relief to not weave, knit, spin every day like I've been doing lately. While visiting the Chicago Museum of Contemporary Art I did keep an eye out for fiber art, though.

The primary exhibit was by Nick Cave and included many whimsical pieces made of a plethora of objects.


If you look closely, you will see that the objects are mounted on a background of afghans.


In the museum store, there was a display of woven bookcovers. I didn't check out the details other than note their presence and wonder if I might weave some of these myself. (Assuming I own any books that deserve a handwoven cover.)


Knitting: Still hacking away at the Habitation throw. I'm about an inch beyond the ribbing of the cowl.
Spinning: When home, I spun a bit more of the Shetland top.
Weaving: I did finish towel number one, have yet to start towel number two.

No comments: