Sunday, December 17, 2023

Confession

Lately, I have been cheating on my fiber hobbies - with clay. What started out as a mild interest is turning into an obsession. The only thing holding me back is I don't have a good place to work on pottery here at home. And I've had to put a pause on the pottery because I'm hosting xmas eve here.

That is not to say that I have abandoned fiber altogether. There are simply not enough hours in the day. They both take a certain amount of time.

Knitting: I finished the cowl; separate post to follow.
Spinning: The orange-ish bit from the superwash merino roving I have been working on is so pretty!


I've gotten to the point in my life that, instead of gift shopping, I just give my kids money. Also, the "gift shelf" will be loaded with my handmade items, although there is no pressure for anyone to pick out anything. I'll take my granddaughter shopping after xmas, in case there is anything she didn't get (plus everything will be on sale). I don't expect gifts myself, but each of my kids comes up with something cute or fun.

Enjoy your holiday!

No comments: