Tuesday, December 19, 2023

Grayish socks

As promised, here is a posting about Bigfoot's xmas socks. Until I finished them, I didn't realize that the non-gray areas were not the same, but in the pix this variance is barely noticeable. I think it worked out.


Pattern: Short-row Toe and Heel Basic Socks, by Wendy D. Johnson
Yarn: Zitron Trekking Sport (colorway 1498) and XXL (colorway 703)
Needles: US1
Modifications: None to speak of


Per usual, I used the solid gray for the toes, heels, and cuffs. For this size, each round is 80 stitches. As a test of my new "recipe", the number of rounds from toe to heel and heel to cuff are each 80. I'll be curious to see how these fit.


I was going to make my SO a pair of socks from the leftover yarn, but I really did not like either of these types. Both are "light fingering" and felt like they still contained lanolin, so they were slippery on my metal needles and difficult to work with. I will cross this brand off my sock yarn list.

No comments: