Sunday, December 03, 2023

Change o' plan

When I purchased a braid of roving from Little Shop of Spinning, I planned to spin it all up, then chain-ply to keep the color runs together. Well, it turns out the braid was basically three long color runs. So now I am going to spin each color run separately, then three-ply them together.


Knitting: Bigfoot's socks are done, except for weaving the ends in on the second one. Huzzah! I'm halfway through the merino-silk-tencel cowl.
Spinning: A spin-in at the above mentioned Little Shop of Spinning gave me a chance to make some progress on the aforementioned roving.

During the spin-in, another fiber friend stopped by. She has been knitting a cabled blanket for a wedding present since last March, with the wedding a week away. Occasionally, this fiber friend texts me about the weaving guild, but she hasn't made it to a meeting yet. I pointed out that, if she learned to weave, a blanket could be completed in a fraction of the time. I love to knit, and I have knit small blankets, but some things just lend themselves more to weaving.

As if I don't have enough fiber, I purchased some black roving yesterday. I have a plan for it, as yarn to contrast with another handspun yarn, but I am a little concerned that the black roving is not superwash, while the other is. I supposed as long as the end product is hand washed, it shouldn't matter. Right?

No comments: