Saturday, June 09, 2007

Every Project Is an Experiment

Same pattern + different yarn + different size needles = unknown.

That's the basic equation for these socks. Using the Ann Norling pattern from the basic sock class, I dropped a needle size for a better fit (pattern recommended US3, instructor told us to use US2, and now I am trying US1), but the SWTC TOFUtsies yarn is less stretchy than the Online yarn I used before, so I wasn't sure how these would turn out. I thought the entire sock was going to be too small, but my daughter declared the fit to be just about perfect (except for the ribbing, which seems a bit loose, but she claims it doesn't matter because these are anklets). So it's on to anklet #2.



A big advantage to knitting anklets is it takes about half the time as regular socks. This first sock weighed only 20 g., so I'm hoping to get two pairs from one skein, another advantage to anklets. The second pair will be for me (Ha! I've said that before), and I plan to do the ribbing on size US1 but the rest on US2, to see how that works out. Another experiment!

1 comment:

sherriknits said...

I am doing my Tofutsie socks on 0's. I knit average and the 1s were too loose. I like how the 0s are coming out. I love the colorway of your sock!