Monday, February 23, 2009

Back in the Groove

A co-worker fixed a couple of pieces of jewelry for me and would take no money. She was willing to accept something from the gift drawer, though, which made me realize my dishcloth collection is getting dangerously low. So I whipped off this one, using a basic pattern:



And then I started this Mason-Dixon Nine-Patch:



The last corner is going to be sunny yellow, and I am going to call the dishcloth "Crocus in Snow".

And, because I am a glutton for punishment, I have been wrestling with twined knitting:



The contrasting color bands around the cuff are not knit correctly, but I tired of ripping and restarting, so we will just let them be what they want to be. The gray yarn does not show the design very well, but the fabric is turning out thick and firm. If it weren't for the yarn wrangling, I think I could really get into this Swedish knitting method.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Abby, I can't believe you enjoy winding yarn.... I just can't wrap my mind around it.
I think the twined knitting coupled with the enjoyment of winding really does made you a glutton for punishment, like you wrote! Ha!