Friday, September 09, 2011

K1, P1, ouch, ouch, ouch

After all that seed stitch, I decided give my hands and wrists a break and knit a quick hat.  But while seed stitch and 1x1 ribbing may look different, to one's hands, they are the same.

Almost finished watch cap

So then I decided to work on something in stockinette and started this A-line cardigan.  But the stockinette started to curl (and I threatened to start crying because I have been here before).  After a test swatch, I decided to replace the stockinette with ringwood stitch.

Curl up like a snake or lay flat - choice is obvious

Which is two-thirds stockinette and one-third K1 P1.  Maybe I'll make the sleeves stockinette?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Love the ringwood st. Never heard of it before. I would use that as a cuff and then St st the rest of the sleeve.

Toni said...

Oh, much cuter than the st st option!